What is the antonym of “frigidity”?
The antonyms of frigidity are passion, ardor, and enthusiasm. The antonyms passion, ardor, and enthusiasm convey a strong feeling of excitement, interest, or enthusiasm. It implies a lack of coldness, indifference, or disinterest.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A strong and intense emotion or feeling towards something or someone.
She had a passion for music and spent hours practicing her guitar every day.
Intense enthusiasm or eagerness to do something.
He approached his work with ardor and dedication, always striving to do his best.
Intense and eager enjoyment, interest, or approval.
The students showed great enthusiasm for the new project and worked hard to make it a success.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Passion is a strong and intense emotion or feeling towards something or someone.
- 2Ardor is an intense enthusiasm or eagerness to do something.
- 3Enthusiasm is an intense and eager enjoyment, interest, or approval.
Good things to know
- 1Express Emotions: Use passion, ardor, and enthusiasm to express strong feelings of excitement or interest.
- 2Motivate Others: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to inspire and motivate others.
- 3Enhance Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create vivid descriptions and engaging narratives.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Passion conveys strong emotions, ardor denotes intense enthusiasm, and enthusiasm refers to intense enjoyment or interest. Use these words to express emotions, motivate others, and enhance writing by creating vivid descriptions and engaging narratives.