What is the antonym of “healthful”?
The antonyms of healthful are unhealthy, harmful, and toxic. These words describe things that can have a negative impact on one's health.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not conducive to good health; harmful or unwholesome.
Eating too much junk food is unhealthy and can lead to weight gain and other health problems.
Causing or likely to cause harm or injury; detrimental.
Exposure to radiation can be harmful to one's health and increase the risk of cancer.
Containing poisonous substances that can cause harm or death.
Ingesting toxic chemicals can lead to serious health problems and even death.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unhealthy refers to things that are not good for one's health, such as certain foods or habits.
- 2Harmful describes things that can cause harm or injury, including physical or emotional harm.
- 3Toxic refers to substances that contain poisonous elements and can cause severe harm or death.
Good things to know
- 1Health Education: Use these antonyms to teach about the importance of healthy choices and avoiding harmful substances.
- 2Medical Contexts: Incorporate these words in medical contexts to describe the effects of harmful substances or behaviors on the body.
- 3Environmental Issues: Utilize these antonyms to discuss environmental issues and the impact of toxic substances on ecosystems and human health.
The antonyms of healthful describe things that can have a negative impact on one's health. Unhealthy refers to things that are not good for one's health, harmful describes things that can cause harm or injury, and toxic refers to substances that contain poisonous elements. Use these words in health education, medical contexts, and environmental discussions to promote awareness and understanding.