What is the antonym of “inexpressive”?
The antonyms of inexpressive are expressive, emotional, and animated. These antonyms convey a range of emotions and behaviors that are opposite to being unresponsive or lacking expression.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Showing feelings, thoughts, or ideas through words, actions, or facial expressions.
The artist's paintings were so expressive that they conveyed a range of emotions.
Relating to or characterized by intense feelings, especially sadness or anger.
She was so emotional after watching the movie that she couldn't stop crying.
Full of life, energy, or enthusiasm; lively.
The party was so animated that everyone was dancing and having a great time.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Expressive refers to the ability to show feelings, thoughts, or ideas through words, actions, or facial expressions.
- 2Emotional describes a person who is easily affected by intense feelings, especially sadness or anger.
- 3Animated describes a person or thing that is full of life, energy, or enthusiasm.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Communication: Use these antonyms to describe people's behavior or emotional states more accurately.
- 2Enrich Vocabulary: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing or speaking to make it more expressive and engaging.
- 3Enhance Understanding: Use these antonyms to help others understand the nuances of different emotions and behaviors.