What is the antonym of “intricate”?
The antonyms of intricate are simple and straightforward. The antonyms simple and straightforward convey a sense of ease and clarity. They imply that something is easy to understand or do.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Easily understood or done; not complex or complicated.
The recipe was so simple that even a beginner cook could make it.
Easy to understand or do; uncomplicated.
The instructions were straightforward and easy to follow.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Simple implies that something is easy to understand or do, while intricate implies that something is complex and difficult to understand or do.
- 2Straightforward implies that something is easy to understand or do because it is clear and uncomplicated, while intricate implies that something is difficult to understand or do because it is complex and convoluted.
Good things to know
- 1Clarify Instructions: Use simple and straightforward to make instructions easy to understand.
- 2Explain Concepts: Use simple and straightforward to explain complex concepts in an easy-to-understand way.
- 3Simplify Communication: Use simple and straightforward to make communication clear and concise.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Simple and straightforward convey a sense of ease and clarity, while intricate implies complexity and difficulty. Use these words to clarify instructions, explain concepts, and simplify communication.