What is the antonym of “labors”?
The antonyms of labors are leisure and rest. The antonyms leisure and rest convey a state of relaxation or freedom from work. It implies a lack of effort, exertion, or strain.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Free time or spare time when one is not working or occupied.
During the weekend, he enjoys spending his leisure time reading books and watching movies.
A period of inactivity or relaxation, especially after exertion or work.
After a long day at work, she likes to take a nap and get some rest before starting her evening activities.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Leisure refers to free time or spare time when one is not working or occupied.
- 2Rest refers to a period of inactivity or relaxation, especially after exertion or work.
Good things to know
- 1Discuss Hobbies: Use leisure to talk about hobbies and interests.
- 2Plan Vacations: Incorporate rest in conversations about vacation plans and relaxation.
- 3Talk About Work-Life Balance: Use these antonyms to discuss the importance of balancing work and leisure time.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Leisure refers to free time or spare time, while rest refers to a period of inactivity or relaxation. Use these words to discuss hobbies, vacation plans, and work-life balance.