What is the antonym of “loss”?
The antonyms of loss are gain, victory, and success. These words convey a positive outcome or result, in contrast to the negative connotation of loss.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
An increase or addition, often in wealth, knowledge, or experience.
After months of hard work, she finally gained the promotion she had been hoping for.
A success in a battle, competition, or struggle.
The team celebrated their victory after winning the championship game.
The achievement of a desired goal or outcome.
After years of hard work, she finally achieved success in her career.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Gain refers to an increase or acquisition of something, while loss refers to a decrease or absence of something.
- 2Victory is a specific term that describes a success in a battle, competition, or struggle, while loss is a more general term that can refer to any type of negative outcome.
- 3Success is a broader term that describes the achievement of a desired goal or outcome, which can be related to personal, professional, or financial aspects of life.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use gain and success to describe positive outcomes in business ventures.
- 2Sports: Use victory to describe winning a game or competition.
- 3Personal Development: Use these antonyms to describe personal growth and progress.
The antonyms of loss are gain, victory, and success. Use gain to describe an increase or acquisition, victory to describe winning a battle or competition, and success to describe achieving a desired goal or outcome. These words can be used in various contexts such as business, sports, and personal development to describe positive outcomes.