What is the antonym of “dispensed”?
The antonyms of dispensed are collect, gather, and hoard. These words convey the opposite meaning of dispensed, which means to distribute or give out something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To bring together or accumulate a group of things.
She likes to collect stamps from different countries.
To come together or assemble in one place.
The family would gather around the table for dinner every night.
To accumulate and store a large quantity of something, often secretly or for future use.
He would hoard food in his room, even though he wasn't hungry.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Collect implies bringing together different things to form a group or set.
- 2Gather implies coming together in one place, often for a specific purpose.
- 3Hoard implies accumulating and storing a large quantity of something, often secretly or for future use.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create more vivid descriptions and avoid repetition.
- 3Enrich Reading: Look for these antonyms in books and articles to deepen your understanding of their meanings and usage.
The antonyms of dispensed are collect, gather, and hoard. These words have distinct meanings: collect implies bringing together different things, gather implies coming together in one place, and hoard implies accumulating and storing a large quantity of something. Use these antonyms to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your reading experience.