What is the antonym of “farmerlike”?
The antonyms of farmerlike are sophisticated, urban, and refined. These antonyms describe a person who is not like a farmer, but rather someone who is more cultured, cosmopolitan, or polished.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a refined knowledge of culture, arts, and science; worldly-wise.
She was a sophisticated woman who enjoyed fine dining and traveling to exotic places.
Relating to or characteristic of a city or town; not rural.
He preferred the urban lifestyle with its fast-paced energy and diverse cultural offerings.
Cultured, polished, and elegant in manner or taste.
The refined decor of the hotel lobby exuded luxury and sophistication.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Sophisticated implies a high level of knowledge and experience in culture, arts, and science.
- 2Urban describes a person or thing that is characteristic of a city or town, as opposed to a rural area.
- 3Refined suggests a person who is cultured, polished, and elegant in manner or taste.
Good things to know
- 1Social Settings: Use these antonyms to describe people's lifestyles, interests, and personalities.
- 2Business Communication: Incorporate these antonyms in professional contexts to convey different attitudes and values.
- 3Creative Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create vivid descriptions and nuanced characters.
The antonyms of farmerlike describe people who are not like farmers, but rather sophisticated, urban, or refined. Use these words to describe people's lifestyles, interests, and personalities, convey different attitudes and values in professional contexts, and create vivid descriptions and nuanced characters in creative writing.