What is the antonym of “gnarled”?
The antonyms of gnarled are smooth and straight. The antonym smooth conveys a lack of roughness or irregularity, while straight implies a lack of curvature or bending.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having an even surface or texture; free from roughness or irregularities.
The pebbles on the beach were smooth and shiny from being polished by the waves.
Extending or moving uniformly in one direction without curving or bending.
The ruler was straight and perfect for drawing straight lines.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Smooth refers to a surface that is even and free from roughness or irregularities.
- 2Straight refers to a line or object that extends uniformly in one direction without curving or bending.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Objects: Use gnarled to describe objects with twisted or knotted shapes, and smooth to describe objects with even surfaces.
- 2Drawing Comparisons: Use straight as an antonym for gnarled when describing the difference between curved and straight lines or objects.
- 3Enhancing Vocabulary: Incorporate these antonyms in writing and speaking to expand your vocabulary and convey precise meanings.
The antonyms of gnarled are smooth and straight. Use smooth to describe even surfaces and straight to describe objects that extend uniformly in one direction without curving or bending. Incorporate these antonyms in your writing and speaking to enhance your vocabulary and convey precise meanings.