What is the antonym of “gratified”?
The antonym of gratified is displeased, unsatisfied, and discontent. The antonyms displeased, unsatisfied, and discontent convey a negative or dissatisfied emotional state. It implies a lack of satisfaction, pleasure, or contentment.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling unhappy or dissatisfied with someone or something.
She was displeased with the quality of the food and asked for a refund.
Not feeling fulfilled or contented; experiencing a sense of dissatisfaction.
He was unsatisfied with his job and wanted to find a more fulfilling career.
A feeling of unhappiness or dissatisfaction with one's situation or circumstances.
The workers expressed their discontent with the company's decision to cut their benefits.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Displeased is a general term that describes a feeling of unhappiness or dissatisfaction with someone or something.
- 2Unsatisfied is a more specific term that describes a feeling of unfulfillment or lack of contentment.
- 3Discontent is a noun that refers to a general feeling of unhappiness or dissatisfaction with one's situation or circumstances.
Good things to know
- 1Express Dissatisfaction: Use displeased, unsatisfied, and discontent to express dissatisfaction effectively.
- 2Provide Feedback: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to provide constructive feedback.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create nuanced characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Displeased conveys general unhappiness, unsatisfied denotes unfulfillment, and discontent refers to a general feeling of unhappiness or dissatisfaction. Use these words to express dissatisfaction effectively, provide constructive feedback, and enrich writing by creating nuanced characters and compelling stories.