What is the antonym of “husky”?
The antonyms of husky are clear, smooth, and melodious. The antonyms clear, smooth, and melodious convey a different tone and quality of voice. It implies a lack of roughness, harshness, or hoarseness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Easily heard or understood; not muffled or indistinct.
She spoke in a clear voice that carried across the room.
Having an even and regular surface or consistency; free from bumps, lumps, or roughness.
The singer's smooth voice flowed effortlessly through the song.
Pleasant-sounding; having a musical quality.
The bird's melodious chirping filled the air with a sweet melody.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Clear refers to the audibility and distinctness of sound.
- 2Smooth describes the texture and consistency of sound.
- 3Melodious pertains to the pleasantness and musicality of sound.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Pronunciation: Use clear to practice enunciating words and speaking audibly.
- 2Enhance Delivery: Use smooth to create a seamless and polished delivery in speeches or presentations.
- 3Appreciate Music: Use melodious to describe music or sounds that are pleasing to the ear.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Clear refers to audibility, smooth describes texture, and melodious pertains to pleasantness. Use these words to improve pronunciation, enhance delivery, and appreciate music or sounds that are pleasing to the ear.