What is the antonym of “irrespectable”?
The antonym of irrespectable is respectable, honorable, and admirable. The antonyms respectable, honorable, and admirable convey a positive or praiseworthy quality. It implies a sense of dignity, honor, and respect.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Deserving of respect or esteem; having a good reputation or social standing.
He was a respectable businessman who always conducted himself with integrity.
Worthy of respect or admiration; possessing high moral principles and ethical standards.
She was an honorable judge who always upheld the law and treated everyone fairly.
Deserving of praise or approval; inspiring respect, affection, or gratitude.
His admirable courage and determination inspired everyone around him.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Respectable describes a person or thing that is worthy of respect or esteem.
- 2Honorable describes a person who possesses high moral principles and ethical standards.
- 3Admirable describes a person or thing that is deserving of praise or approval.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use respectable, honorable, and admirable to express positive qualities effectively.
- 2Show Appreciation: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate admiration and gratitude.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create admirable characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Respectable conveys worthiness of respect, honorable denotes high moral principles, and admirable refers to deserving praise. Use these words to enhance communication, show appreciation in conversations, and enrich writing by creating admirable characters and compelling narratives.