The Opposite(Antonym) of “nonparadoxical”
The antonyms of nonparadoxical are paradoxical, contradictory, and inconsistent. These words convey the opposite meaning of nonparadoxical, which means not involving a paradox or contradiction.
Definitions and Examples of paradoxical, contradictory, inconsistent
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Seemingly absurd or self-contradictory, but in reality expressing a possible truth.
It is paradoxical that the best way to achieve peace is through war.
Expressing the opposite or denying something previously stated; inconsistent.
His actions were contradictory to his words, making it hard to trust him.
Not staying the same throughout; lacking consistency or coherence.
Her performance was inconsistent throughout the season, making it hard for her team to rely on her.
Key Differences: paradoxical vs contradictory vs inconsistent
- 1Paradoxical refers to something that seems absurd or self-contradictory but may express a possible truth.
- 2Contradictory describes something that expresses the opposite or denies something previously stated.
- 3Inconsistent refers to something that lacks consistency or coherence and does not stay the same throughout.
Effective Usage of paradoxical, contradictory, inconsistent
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to describe different types of arguments and statements.
- 2Critical Thinking: Incorporate these words to analyze and evaluate different perspectives and ideas.
- 3Problem Solving: Utilize these antonyms to identify and resolve contradictions and inconsistencies in different situations.
The antonyms of nonparadoxical have distinct meanings. Paradoxical describes something that seems absurd but may express a possible truth. Contradictory expresses the opposite or denies something previously stated. Inconsistent lacks consistency or coherence. Use these words in academic writing, critical thinking, and problem-solving to analyze different perspectives and resolve contradictions and inconsistencies.