What is the antonym of “distempered”?
The antonyms of distempered are balanced, sane, and stable. These antonyms convey a state of mental and emotional well-being, opposite to the chaotic and uncontrolled state implied by distempered.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Being in a state of equilibrium; having a stable and rational mind.
She always maintains a balanced approach to life, never letting emotions take over.
Having a healthy and rational mind; not suffering from mental illness.
Despite the challenges he faced, he remained sane and focused on finding solutions.
Being firmly established and not likely to change or collapse; having a steady and balanced emotional state.
The company's financial situation is stable, and it is expected to grow steadily in the coming years.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Balanced implies a state of equilibrium, where all aspects of life are given equal importance.
- 2Sane refers to a healthy and rational mind, free from mental illness.
- 3Stable describes a state of being firmly established and not likely to change or collapse.
Good things to know
- 1Mental Health: Use these antonyms to describe different states of mental health.
- 2Personal Development: Incorporate these words in self-improvement plans to achieve a more balanced and stable life.
- 3Relationships: Use these antonyms to describe the emotional state of individuals in relationships.
The antonyms of distempered are balanced, sane, and stable. These words describe a state of mental and emotional well-being, opposite to the chaotic and uncontrolled state implied by distempered. Use these words to describe different states of mental health, personal development, and relationships.